Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

A month ago or so, I posted a homemade laundry stain remover that I've been faithfully using and love. I was mixing up another batch this week, not paying quite as much attention to my ratio of ingredients and discovered that after applying and allowing to sit for several hours, it seemed to be zapping some of the color out of Livy's Ts that were covered in...well, stuff:) I remembered that I added a little more hydrogen peroxide than recommended and this stuff has natural 'bleaching' qualities.

Don't worry, this has a happy ending! I was reminded to call on my friend, the sun, so I laid out the wounded Ts in hubby's camping chair on the back patio for the afternoon. The next morning (when I remembered to retrieve my experiment!), I discovered the Ts were good as new! No stains and no zapped color patches! Phew! I failed to take proper before & after pics so you'll just have to take the word of 'Eagle Eye':)

Link
If you're dealing with a stubborn stain, try calling on the sun:) Livy smeared her paint markers on her bedroom rug so I'm trying to contrive a way to haul her room sized rug outside next....

No comments:

Post a Comment