Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

DIY Cow Girl Ensemble

Yee haw!  Livy's 3rd birthday is just around the corner and thus my project timer is running wild!  

In the midst of our move, I've been slowly chipping away at the mountain of projects I set forth to see Livy's farm theme come together with as many handmade/homemade touches as possible:)

On the list was a 'cow girl' birthday outfit- I'm not much of a Western/rodeo gal so I didn't want to go crazy.


I happened upon a fabric remnant at Hobby Lobby that inspired the 2 tier skirt (my first of many to make, me thinks)...


...and the fabric choice for the silhouette cow:)

I picked up the T shirt at Gymboree during a huge sale where school uniform basics were being phased out and paid $3-4 for it; I love their quality for knits and the 'blank canvas' has been a dream to work with & saved me a chunk of time:)

For the cow, I searched for an appropriate cow silhouette online, printed and cut out.  Then I applied some fusible interfacing to the 'cow' fabric, traced my cow, cut out, and then ironed in place:)  Easy & Livy was SO excited:)


And of course, I'm chuffed to have one more thing checked off my list:)

Ensemble Cost:
Rodeo fabric: approx $2.50
Black ribbon: FREE (stash raid)
Elastic: FREE (stash raid)
Gymboree T shirt: approx $3.50
TOTAL: $6...saweet!

On to the next!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment