Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Candy Lei

With Baby M's arrival quickly approaching, I've been trying to grab as many opportunities to put my feet up as possible, which often includes a little therapeutic pinning:)

One of the many holiday ideas I've recently pinned includes the 'candy lei', an ideal stocking stuffer:)

Even better candy lei idea!
photo courtesy of pinterest
So I sat down one evening after my little Ms were asleep with some Halloween candy, pipe cleaners and clear cello wrap...


 ...and in no time, I had candy leis!


I simply cut widths of clear cello wrap (approx 5 inches), spaced the candy, rolled the cello wrap and tied off with pipe cleaners- easy!

Be sure to roll down the ends of pipe cleaners so there are no sharp points 
to potentially stick little fingers:)

Cost:
Clear Cello wrap: $1 (Dollar Tree)
Pipe Cleaners: free/stash (can be found at Dollar Tree)
Candy: approx $4
TOTAL: $5


I was able to make 2 double strand leis and 2 single strand leis for $5- these should provide a sweet surprise on Christmas morning, nestled in certain stockings:)
 
Don't limit this fun project to Christmas though- would be great for any special occasion and a great opportunity to get kids involved:)
 
Another successful pin- thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment