I just tackled another pin, in preparation for Baby M's arrival- cloth baby wipes.
I've used cloth wipes previously but bought them so this was a new project for me- I'm a firm believer that cloth is better for baby bums, especially newborns:)
So I took 2 of Livy & Jonah's "seen better days" flannel receiving blankets:
- cut them into squares on my cutting mat with my handy dandy rotary cutter
- rounded the corners with scissors
- placed them RST (right sides together) & sewed around the edges, leaving a gap to turn
- turned them out & ironed flat
- stitched the opening closed.
And that's it!
I didn't fuss with these, making each exactly the same size or stitching around the entire edge since these are ultimately for piddle & poopies:)
I won't bother stating how long I procrastinated about completing this project since it was so easy- let's just say, I'm thrilled that it's done! And I plan to make another dozen or so...
I made 22 double sided wipes from these 2 receiving blankets and for free- happy Mama and soon to be happy baby bum:)
Thanks for stopping by,