Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Homemade Hot Chocolate Sticks


Confession: once again in my frenzy to complete this project, I neglected to take pictures so please bear with me and enjoy some that inspired me, taken by "professionals":)



To create my hot chocolate sticks,


Then I proceeded to make the ganache...mmmm.

I opted to make the ganache with bar chocolate vs chips for a superior texture but supposedly the chips work fine:)


I followed this tutorial, tweaked from the King Arthur Flour Company and it was lush!


Marshmallows & ganache complete, it was time to assemble...


This pic isn't mine, but looks just like my creations:)

 
And since I didn't have time to snap pictures, you can imagine I didn't have time to package each hot chocolate stick individually...so I grouped mine in bags of six:)


I loved this project and wasn't stressed to the limit achieving completion either!
I made the marshmallows & ganache simultaneously once my little Ms were in bed as both recipes involved "resting overnight"- perfect!
I then assembled & packaged the morning of Christmas Eve:)

So glad I took the time to try something new and I heard they tasted great- happy Mama:)


Next up: homemade biscotti, including a gluten free version!

Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment