Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Homemade Marshmallows

If you're on Pinterest at all, you've no doubt seen these:


Hot Chocolate Sticks!

I fell in love with these and since I'm not able to indulge in these while nursing Baby M, I settled for making them for my family to enjoy:)

The first step was deciding to make the marshmallows vs buying them & then deciding on a recipe...

 

 ...I chose this one, adapted from an Alton Brown recipe, as the tutorial is great with preferred pics...


...and they came out well despite the fact that I cooked them a bit longer than necessary due to my candy thermometer being off:/

Note to self: calibrate candy thermometer BEFORE baking!


Glossy & thick...it was a pretty sight...


...until my kitchen was covered in powdered sugar- the above pic is after I cleaned the counters! 

(Insert Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas")... if you can't have the real thing, make marshmallows!

Here's the complete tutorial that I followed:)

Stay tuned for part 2 of my homemade hot chocolate sticks:)

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment