Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

DIY Pool Noodle Abacus

I recently discovered Happy Hooligans on Pinterest & began following their fun projects.

In the past month I've implemented 3 activities and my Little Ms are thrilled:)


The latest addition is this pool noodle abacus...


...ok, it's not technically an abacus but that's what it reminds me of:)


Here's how to make your own:

Saw the pool noodles into desired segments using a serrated knife.
 Then slice through the top layer on each "bead".


Attach some rope/heavy twine in desired location & slide beads into place using the split tops.


I attached my hemp twine to a fence post & a small tree- it's perfect.


The following morning, my Little Ms went running over to see their "new toy"-
Jonah, especially has enjoyed arranging the abacus "beads":)
More outdoor fun= happy kids!

Cost:
2 Pool Noodles: $2 (Dollar Tree)
Hemp Twine: free
TOTAL: $2!!!

 Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment