Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

DIY Fall Scented Play Dough

Today I thought I'd share another Pinterest experiment: fall scented play dough.


I made green 'apple pie' & red 'cinnamon' play dough...

 

...and then let my little Ms loose...


...with mini muffin tins, wooden rolling pins, cupcake wrappers...


...edible Christmas trees...


...cookie cutters and molds...

 

...to create:) 

The original recipe for the play dough called for tempera paint but I didn't have any on hand so I used food coloring...and rubber gloves:)

Play Dough Recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup salt
2 tbsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups just boiled water

*add food coloring or tempera paint for color and spices of choice for scent.

Mix everything together in a bowl and knead for several minutes to incorporate fully- I did this on my glass stove top for easy clean up.


And after much playtime...


...it was time to clean up:/

It was well worth the effort for my little Ms to enjoy molding their play dough confections though:)

Get creative with spices using cloves, pumpkin pie, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, allspice etc...

Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment