Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Candy Cane "JOY" Banner

I know it's "only October" but I'm itching to put out Christmas decor already & so is Livy:)
So, with that in mind, I was thrilled to participate in a recent Stampin' Up! Banners" class, hosted by Gramma...


...where fellow crafters dove into fun supplies & got busy making gorgeous banners!


There were "boo" banners with burlap and black sparkles...


...there were "fall" banners with wooden buttons & gold glitter...


...and there were "joy" banners- I opted to make mine "candy cane" style utilizing the awesome included stencils...

Photo

...vs the equally lovely, jewel toned version with stamped ornaments since I decided to use candy canes as our Christmas decor theme this year:)


To add some bling to my "vintagey" banner, silver snowflakes were stamped on red card stock and cut out using the Sizzix Big Shot...


...and some lovely rosettes (via the Big Shot) were added with silver metallic ribbon curly cues:)


The jute twine helps to keep the look homey & vintage and I just LOVE it!
Can't wait to hang it up!!!

And here's the kit where you can make your own banner- Gramma just finished one for Baby M's room that I'll be sharing soon so sky is the limit on design:)

Thanks for looking,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment