Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

"To Mamaw, Love From Tiffany"

I saw something on Pinterest (story of my life!) and knew 
that I wanted to replicate this project in my kitchen:
Framed Vintage Recipes


I love how they turned out!!!


But these aren't just random vintage recipes- 
these are from my Mamaw, a genteel Southern lady who
 loved to cook for her family, all gathered in her home.


Since I was doing this "on the dime", 
I collected some frames via garage sales & family rejects...


...and gave them several coats of paint...

Granite Satin Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint [Set of 6]




...this paint, to be specific...



...transforming yucky colors like this...


...into this lovely shade of gray...or grey:)


This frame had been gold but after several coats, it was like new:)


I'm no spray paint expert, but I was more confident after completing this project:)


 I chose specific recipes (like "Congealed Salad")
and then placed them on an archival quality matte (Michaels) to preserve their life

I highly recommend using archival quality!!!

Cost:
Frames: $1.50
Recipes- Free!
Paint: $4.50 (Joann - 40% coupon)
Matte: $8ish (still have a lot left for another project!)
Total Cost: <$15

As the final touch, I added a note from me, 
written as a young child stating: "To Mamaw, Love From Tiffany" under her photo.

These are now hung in my kitchen, in a place of honor
 and I love knowing that my Mamaw is watching over me as I cook for my family:)

Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment