Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Festive Fall Leaves



There are so many things that I love about the fall, and among those are fall leaves.  Crunching, cascading, these little gems are a treat as they float by in the blustery breeze...aahhh.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of gorgeous fall foliage to be had here in south TX at present, so I made my own falls leaves- sugar cookie leaves:)


And before you start thinking, "That's too much work for me...", let me assure you that I'm not super Mom and sometimes I cheat.  For example, I opted to use the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix- they're almost as good as 'from scratch' sugar cookies and since they save a bit of time (that I would prefer to spend on decorating!), I used the mix!


Like I said, the decorating is the really fun part and for that you need a yummy glaze.  I'm afraid I don't measure anything when I make frosting/glazes but here's a rough idea:

1 tbsp butter (melted and cooled slightly)
dash of vanilla
powdered sugar (approx 4 cups)
milk to form desired consistency

TIP: If your glaze is lumpy (by not sifting your powdered sugar like moi!), no worries- once the sprinkles are in place, no one will know!


In this batch, I included oak leaves (my faves)...



...maple leaves...


...and acorns. I got the cookie cutters at Sur La Table (drool...) as they're very reasonable and they have a fabulous collection!  So worth a a trip to La Cantera!


Even added some sparkly yellow glaze to the stems:)

I never pay full price for cookie/cake decor- check your clearance spots and save!  Makes for even sweeter baking times:)

So now it's your turn to make some sweet fall leaves!  Have fun baking and get the kids involved- Livy had a blast "hepping" and had even more fun eating them!  Jonah issued no complaints either:)

Thanks for stopping by,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment