Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Our "Garden of Eden"

As I've gotten older, I've come to find great joy in glancing out into our garden to see an array of plants & flowers welcoming feathered & furry friends.  



"Ricky" worked hard to add plants to our old house and I found myself wondering how I could bear to leave these little seedlings that were now blooming and maturing...



...and then I viewed our new home...


...a veritable 'Garden of Eden!!!


 ...and discovered a "secret garden" on the side of the house...



...with a bench swing...



 ...and home to beauties like this Turks Cap...



...and this heavenly Gardenia:)


On the other side of the house is a "Pixie Hollow" entry...



 ...revealing a plethora of ground cover...



...Nandinas, including berries "for the baby red birds"...



...Plumbagos that are just starting to bloom...



...a Bougainvillea...



...Lantana...



 ...Mexican Heather...


...and this mysterious plant with blue blossoms.



There is a herb garden with Lemon Verbena, Chives & Rosemary thriving... 



...and we've discovered a Banana tree and some Blackberry bushes too:)

Photo: Beautiful morning:)

Our little Ms are loving all the shade and their swing set just barely fits amidst all the landscaping & trees!

What a blessing to inherit this "Garden of Eden"- I'm basking in its glory each time I look out the window and Jonah squawks with delight at the myriad of God's creation deposited in our new home:)

Have a great Sunday,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment