Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

DIY Owls are a Hoot!

It's been almost a year since I started this sewing journey and I'm loving it more after each endeavored project:)  Confession: I do find that making clothes for Livy is a wee bit more gratifying than boys clothes...


...however, I decided to try something a bit more involved for Jonah vs the basic applique Ts I had made for him during the 'winter' here & here...


...and so after way too much time dithering about a design, I decided on this yellow chevron fabric and a felt owl...


...this was my first attempt at machine sewing applique and my stitching was a bit wonky but Jonah didn't mind:)


And here is my big boy wearing his completed T with sister sporting her owl skirt:)


Jonah was just up from a nap and not terribly enthused about posing...


...despite Livy's attempts at getting him to cheer up!


I cut the felt letters using the Sizzix Big Shot & Serif Alphabet dies...


...and cut the circles for the owl's eyes with the Big Shot too:)


Sorry for the poor 'night time' lighting but here's a close up of Livy's skirt- simple faux double style:)


This fabric was originally part of a pile of remnants I picked up to make dolly diapers but Livy loved the owls so much, she begged for something to wear:)


And as an update on our DIY kitchen remodel, here's the remainder of the nasty tile counters being demolished today, thanks to Granddaddy...


...and yes, here's a dress that is almost complete for Livy:)

Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment