Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

B is for Button


 My good friend, Betsy is expecting a little boy (Benjamin) this November & she's using buttons in his nursery theme.  My creative juices instantly started to percolate gift ideas...and here's what I came up with:

Letter 'B' Button Canvas:

I started with an 8x10 canvas and covered it with 1/2 a fat quarter from Stampin' Up!


Use your handy dandy staple gun to secure the fabric.


Then gather some buttons (I found these at Hobby Lobby in the sewing section) & adhere in desired pattern- great activity to get your kiddos involved in...as long as they're not tempted to snack on the buttons:)


I added a felt applique element at the top and stamped directly on the fabric with Staz On ink and a Stampin' Up! stamp set that I love- it was just perfect for this!



Hoping it brings smiles to Benjamin- it was made with love & Livy's "hep":)

Button Burp Cloths & Receiving Blanket:

I discovered the most perfect button print for these, of course in my favorite Stampin' Up!  'Sew Suite' trio of fat quarters.  A fat quarter makes 2 lovely burp cloths or 1 receiving blanket; I then backed these with soft white minky for Benjamin's sweet face:)

These were simply made using the handy dandy "uh 1, uh 2, uh 3, uh 4" method: 'wash, iron, cut & sew'.  I rounded the corners by running my handy dandy rotary cutter around a jar lid- easy:)  Then pin wrong sides together and stitch, leaving a peep hole to flip inside out.  Then top stitch around the edges to seal the peep hole and ensure the edges lay flat.  Done! (So sorry there's no pic!  I totally neglected to snap one...grrrrr...)

TIP: If replicating this project, ensure that your fabrics are washed with 'free & clear' for baby's comfort:)

Thanks for stopping by,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment