Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

No 'Poo Update

Chamomile



So for those interested in my no 'Poo journey, I've put some notes together:


I originally began my no 'Poo regimen every other day as that's what I had been doing with my conventional shampoo- I'm now up to every 3rd day & sometimes 4th (I usually avoid going out in public at this point!).  I've been doing no 'Poo for approx 2 months and love it.  I'm also glad that I checked into some trouble shooting advice as each person's hair & oil glands are different.

The original recipe is: 1 tbsp baking soda/8oz water (shampoo), leave on for 1 minute and rinse thoroughly, then 1/4 cup vinegar/8oz water (conditioner) and leave on for 1 minute, rinse thoroughly & done!

My 1st tweak: 1 heaping tbsp baking soda (shampoo) & little less than 1/4 cup vinegar (conditioner)

My 2nd tweak: same as above for the 'shampoo' & 8oz of chamomile tea vs vinegar solution...it's SO divine!

I made the chamomile tea tweak for 2 reasons:
  • I found when I sweat that a vinegary odor would release from my hair if I had just no "Poo'd...not so pleasant:(
  • I had some loose chamomile tea (I used Might Leaf) that needed to be used:)
  • The tea heightens natural highlights, giving a boost to blond tresses!
I'm so in love with the simplicity & purity of this beauty regimen & gladly neglect this aisle in the grocery store now, saving me more $$$...all natural, economical, win-win!

 Chamomile Citrus

Let me know if you have any questions:)  BTW, my favorite chamomile tea to drink is Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus....mmm...

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment