Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker...

All of the above?  Why not?

A few months back, my 2 younger brothers opened their first restaurant, The Granary (with the help of their saintly wives!)- I'm IMMENSELY proud of them, so in honor of their great achievements this year, I opted for "Granary" themed Christmas gifts:)  Have I mentioned that I love, love, love themes?!!! (grin)

The first item to reside in their Christmas hampers was this:


...a butcher's diagram flour sack towel.  I was quite pleased with how these came out:)

I started with this tutorial and a trip to Hobby Lobby for the pens/embroidery hoop etc... and I got the towels at Bed Bath & Beyond- they're extra large and extra nice...not all flour sack towels are created equal:)


I initially traced with a fine tip pen but then went over again with a broader tip since I wanted 'Francis' to be a manly pig:)



 And here is the diagram, since I know you're going to want to try this out too!

I also penned 'The Granary' in the restaurant's font below the pig...accidentally deleted that pic though...grrrr.

And there you have it, Ethel!  "Next to sugar, Cuba's biggest export is ham"!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment