Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

'Cue & Brew

Here's the next installment of handmade gifts included in this year's Christmas hampers: Granary Frames


I purchased these frames from the Stampin' Up! clearance rack last Thanksgiving during their blitz sale- once they arrived & I saw how gorgeous they were, I promptly ordered 6 more!  They were an incredible bargain and the nicest frames I had seen, far exceeding anything from the "M" store.


For "Mr. 'Cue"/chef, I kept the look modern & minimalist, hoping to appeal to his tastes:)  He commented on that immediately when the frame was opened & rewarded me with a huge grin- pleasing a perfectionist = priceless:)  I should know!


I love the look of the satin ribbon next to the wheat kernel...sheave...things.  I won't elaborate on how long I spent changing up the layout for this frame- it was a success & that's all that matters:)


And for "Mr. Brewmaster" I went with an aged/vintage look, hoping to appeal to his more rugged tastes:)  I took a sheet of Stampin' Up! DSP (can't remember the collection...grrr...but I loved all of it!), cut out the center and adhered with my handy dandy glue stick- Mod Podge would have worked well too, but I didn't have any on hand. 

Then I distressed the edges with a sanding block and sponged the corners/edges for additional character:)

I was so pleased with the final results and more importantly, so were 'Cue & Brew:)

Thanks for looking,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment