Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tis the Season



One of the many (and I do mean, many!) things that I love about Christmas are the movies.  In our home, we have numerous traditional flicks that are viewed religiously and quoted throughout the year- just one more way to keep the spirit of Christmas going all year long:)

 
What are some of those titles?  Golden oldies like, "Holiday Inn", "It's a Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", "The Bishop's Wife", "Holiday Affair", "Christmas in Connecticut", "Shop Around the Corner" & "Miracle on 34th Street".


And each year I aim to add another favorite.  Last year we added "It Happened on 5th Avenue" & "The Bells of St. Mary's" for the old list.



On the 'cheesy' film front, my top 2 faves are "Borrowed Hearts" (aka "Borrowed Farts", coined by my obnoxious brother!) and "The Christmas Card"- I watch them over and over...and over...just ask hubby:)

This year we're adding flicks such as A Charlie Brown Christmas for our little Ms:)

So, what do you enjoy watching at Christmas?  At the Ricardo's, we're always looking for a new fave!

2 comments:

  1. We love all the ones you have mentioned! In addition, on the more somber side and definitely an older film, we love Since You Went Away. We watch it several times during the Christmas season. It's loaded with Hollywood stars from the golden era of films including Shirley Temple as a teenager. Great story, great acting. A real classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to sit down & watch it through to the end...with a box of Kleenex, I'm guessing! Remind me to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete