Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cherry Cobbler Creation


 In my parents Christmas hamper, I intended to include a custom bulletin board for my Mom's studio, decked with Stampin' Up! fabric & accessories.  Alas, it wasn't completed in time for Christmas morning and so it was just delivered today and thankfully, the recipient (BFF!) was very understanding!


I started with a damaged frame, unexpectedly found in a back corner at Hobby Lobby...love that it mimics the 'top note'!



 I sealed up the crack with Liquid Nails, held together for a few minutes and allowed to dry overnight.






Next I picked up some cork squares and cut them to the appropriate size...



My little helper caught wind of a something fun in process and immediately & forcefully offered to "hep"!




Livy helped to cut some thick cardboard to adhere to the cork and serve as a base:)

I chose the Cherry Cobbler fat quarter from the Deck the Halls trio (just $0.99 for 3!) as it seemed appropriate for Christmas, Valentines & just everyday...





 ...ironed and cut to size...

 And then I took my handy dandy glue gun and adhered the fabric to the back of the board.


And now the fun part: embellishment:)


I created this flower using some Cherry Cobbler striped ribbon, vanilla velvet ribbon, linen fabric and the Antique brads.

I hand sewed a running stitch along the top of each ribbon & the strip of linen, cinched, knotted off and then tucked the ends under adhered together with hot glue.  Each layer was hot glued to another and then placed on a Sticky Round.  Next I wadded up & glued some vanilla velvet in the center and hot glued my brads (legs removed with scissors) on top.


And last but not least, I made custom pushpins with more of the Antique brads- cut the brad legs off with scissors and attach to the head of each pushpin with hot glue!

Hope you're inspired to make something lovely for a loved one, and in plenty of time for Valentines:)

Thanks for looking,
Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Thanks- I was flying on this project and making it up as I went along...as usual:)

    ReplyDelete