Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Homemade Cinnamon Cough Syrup

Yes, my little Ms are still battling virus...stuff...and now 'Ricky' & I are too:(

So, here's another crunchy remedy that we've tried this go around: Cinnamon Honey cough syrup- full of antioxidants, anti- bacterial, anti- viral, boosting the immune system...yes, please:)


Simply combine 1 part Cinnamon to 4 parts honey (preferably raw), mix and swallow- do this twice daily for 3 days and you should see results!

If the whole family is under the weather, mix 1/4 cup Cinnamon & 1 cup honey for easy dosing.  For my trial run I made 3 doses (3/4 tsp Cinnamon & 3 tsp honey)- I got almost a whole tsp into Livy and approx 1/2 into Jonah...it's definitely a therapeutic amount of Cinnamon:)

We're currently on day 1 but still have high hopes to hear less coughing from my little Ms tonight!

Note: Honey should not be given to tots under 1 year!

Thanks for looking,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment