Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Handmade Birthday Gift: Part 2

Yesterday I shared part 1 of my handmade birthday gift for Nicole. Today I'm sharing part 2: handmade cards.

My goal with this project was to provide Nicole with plenty of handmade birthday cards.

This project took a good long while to complete since I designed as I worked and went back & forth, and back & forth, and back & forth about the designs! Thankfully Sweet Stamper was available, encouraging me to not despair & give up!

Keeping with my 'Sew Suite' theme, I used rub-ons for the stamped images, coordinating Designer Series Paper, coordinating buttons, punches and some Big Shot elements to lend interest...I hope:)

The envelopes received a few rub-ons too.

At the last minute I decided to sew up a mini tote to house the cards & envelopes, utilizing the same 'Sew Stitch' fabric.

I attached some velcro to keep the tote closed and ribbon tabs for easier opening- this was accomplished in a whirl so no comments about my messy stitching, please:) I was just trying to get it to stay together!

This concludes part 2 of my handmade birthday gift- tomorrow I'll be sharing the final part:)

Thanks for stopping by,

Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Sew Cute! (I could not resist the play on words.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because you're 'sew' clever, Sara:) Thanks!

      Delete