Sometime back, I was browsing online for clothing bargains & found this 'school uniform' dress on clearance- I've had great success with their products so I opted to get this in hopes that I could embellish it (packing creases still visible!). I think I paid a whopping $4- big spender
When rummaging through my growing stash of fabric, I discovered a design from Stampin' Up! that matched perfectly- this floral piece (part of a trio of patterns called 'Twitterpated") was free with a purchase, adding to my delight:)
So, with a little brain storming and welcome advice from my sewing gurus, Sylvia & my Mom, I decided on a shabby ruffle and flowers, transforming this little blue uniform to something special & unique:)
This came together in a snap too (even better!) & Livy is thrilled to have another dress in her closet...of dresses:)
I bought the dress big, so Livy will be able to wear it next spring & by then I should have her matching hair accessory finished!
Livy insisted on wearing her sparkly black shoes to try on her new dress- ignore the backdrop of chaos...my patio herb garden is under construction:)
Thanks for browsing,