Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Homemade Toothpaste @ the Ricardo's

I wanted to provide an update on my homemade toothpaste- in the above pic it's in liquid form; once it sits for an hour or so, it will firm up as long as it's not sitting next to a window, in sunlight etc....

All four members of the Ricardo household are now successfully using this handy dandy toothpaste! The kids love it which is what I hoped for & hubby has issued no complaints and acclimated well, despite his misgivings of its effectiveness:)

User Tip: I found my mouth going through detox/cleanse for the 1st 2-3 days and then dramatically improved with my breath being much better and my teeth feeling squeaky clean! Whenever transitioning from a commercial product to all natural, give yourself a grace period to allow proper detox. Don't just give up!

I'm now thrilled to discover that my mouth doesn't feel...well, I'll spare you the details... if I miss brushing in the morning (just saying...it happens sometimes!) like it did when using commercial toothpaste.  The 2 major factors I had to adjust to with my homemade version were: lack of minty taste & foamage- it seemed that psychologically these equated to cleanliness & yet once I got over that mental hurdle, I've loved my handy dandy toothpaste!

My Mom aka Sweet Stamper requested a trial batch and is loving it- I promise you will too:)

Let me know if you have any questions & pamper your teeth with some handy dandy coconut oil- they'll brighten up & thank you:)  ***See the recipe in my original post above.

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment