Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Homemade Toothpaste

I noticed this week that the kid's store bought toothpaste is almost gone, finally! This means I can, finally, try out a 'handy dandy' homemade toothpaste recipe that I've had stashed away:)

It's really complicated: mix coconut oil and xylitol. That's it:)


Recipe:
1 tbsp Xylitol
2 tbsp Coconut oil
Blend & scoop out with toothbrush or applicator of choice (ie: Popsicle stick etc...)

Tips:
*My coconut oil was already "liquidy" due to receiving some ambient heat which makes for easier blending- if yours is solid, leave in the sun for a few minutes or heat the jar in a saucepan with a little warm water.

*The original post recommends pouring some xylitol in a food processor/blender to grind more finely as it's rather course- I did and it worked like a charm:)

Loving it and plan to switch hubby & I over to this too! Try it out yourself and let me know what you think!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment