Here are just a few things we love about Gramma:
- Livy loves to have Gramma chase her around the house while calling "I'm gonna get you!"; Jonah tries to keep up but ends up gabbering at them in frustration at being left behind:)
- Trips outside to water plants, swing and blow bubbles are also high on the kid's list:)
- Livy enjoyed her 1st stamping experience with Gramma and loves it still:) And Jonah will be ready in no time!
So, because Gramma is so sweet, we opted to send some sweets with her to Utah- these granola bars are hubby's favorite too, so he scored with Gramma taking a trip:)
Recipe: Cranberry Ginger Granola Bars
6 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick!)
1/2 cup veg oil
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup lt brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped fine
1 1/2 cups nuts, chopped course
1. Place cranberries & water in microwave safe bowl and heat for 3 mins. Drain any remaining liquid and place on paper towels- chop roughly and set aside.
2. Combine oats, oil & salt in large bowl (Livy enjoyed helping with this!)- stir to combine and transfer to large rimmed baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden in color. **I stir the oats every 5 mins!
3. Combine honey and sugar in saucepan and warm over medium heat, until sugar fully dissolves, approx 5 mins. Off heat, stir in cinnamon (if using) and vanilla.
4. Once oats are toasted, lower oven temp to 300 degrees and remove. Return the oats to large bowl and combine honey mixture. Add nuts, cranberries & ginger and stir to combine.
5. Scoop granola onto large rimmed baking sheet, covered with foil & sprayed with veg spray- pack down firmly and evenly. Bake for 35-40 mins at 300 degrees.
6. Allow to cool on rack for 15 mins and then slice to desired size and allow to cool completely.
***These freeze well!