Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Ricky, Try To Stay Awake..."


Recognize the scene above? In a great 'I Love Lucy' episode, 'Second Honeymoon', Lucy dreams of sharing quality time with Ricky- due to a heavy work schedule, this was Ricky's response to some alone time! When Lucy appeals with Ricky to try and stay awake, his response is, "I am. If I wasn't, I'd be sleep."

This closely resembles our house yesterday evening. Once kids were down for the night, hubby invited me to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie with him- this usually translates to watching the beginning of a movie since neither of us can get to the end before falling asleep!

Last night however, hubby didn't make it through more than 15 minutes before dozing off! I found myself considering several choices of action:

1) Become grumpy at his lack of involvement.
2) Detangle myself and return to my never ending 'to do' list.
3) Relax next to my hard working partner and revel in the knowledge that he paid me a great compliment of slipping into sweet dreams with his head on my shoulder:)

I chose number 3 and this gave me some much needed 'feet up in the air' time and unconscious bonding with my hubby:) Win-win. This, I might add, is also what Lucy chose:)

So if you find yourself in a similar situation, consider the advice of Lucy & myself and choose cuddling over quarreling:)

Have a great Sunday & enjoy spending time with those you love, even if they're asleep on your shoulder:)

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment