Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crunchy Pork Chops

In 'I Love Lucy' episode #33, "Lucy's Schedule", Ricky & Lucy miss an important dinner and when the hosts inform the Ricardos of the menu they missed out on, Lucy states, "Pork chops. Oh, they're my favorite."

While I can't say that pork chops are "my favorite", I can say that I'm enjoying them more- they're so easy to diversify and prepare!


Today, I took 2 boneless, center cut pork chops (approx 1 inch thick) and blotted dry with paper towels. Next I placed 3/4 tsp seasoned salt (I used Sandwich Sprinkle from Penzeys), a pinch of Stevia (feel free to substitute white sugar) and some club crackers (melba toast, ritz crackers etc...also work well) in my 'handy dandy' food processor. Pulse until crackers are small crumbs.

I then dumped my cracker mix into a pie dish and blended in 1 tbsp mayonnaise with my fingers. *NOTE: upon reflection, the mayo could probably have been added to the crumbs in the food processor and then pulsed until blended. No messy fingers this way:)

Now, smear approx 1 tbsp mayonnaise onto all sides of a pork chop (so much for no messy fingers!) and coat with crumbs in the pie dish, pressing to adhere. Repeat with additional chop.

Place your crumbly chops on a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 16-22 minutes or until a 'handy dandy' instant read thermometer reads 140-145 degrees when inserted in the side of the chop and the juices run clear.



Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes and then dig in. I enjoyed mine with some mashed potatoes and kale- the perfect bite:)


For less than $2, these pork chops have earned the honorary title of a "sweet" deal!

Have a great day!

Tffany

No comments:

Post a Comment