Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick & Easy Gift


Orange is a color full of creativity & potential and is the confirmed favorite of my almost 16 y/o daughter, Leyla- I was blessed to inherit her when hubby & I were married almost 5 years ago:)

I've hatched a plan to craft an array of "orange" themed gifts (yes, for Christmas!) for her & my 1st is a bulletin board for her room. I found square cork boards at JoAnn and some lovely vintagey fabric at Creative Sewing Center (heaven on earth). After washing and ironing my fabric, I simply cut enough to overlap the sides by approx 1 1/2 inches and stapled to the back with a 'handy dandy' staple gun.

Next cut lengths of ribbon, leaving approx 1 1/2 inches to spare on each side- position to your liking and flip over, carefully keeping the ribbon in place.

Staple in place- watch your fingers and any 'kick back' from your 'handy dandy' staple gun:)

If your staples are raised, simply hammer down into place:)

To complete this gift I fashioned custom thumb tacks by snipping the metal legs off some corduroy brads from Stampin' Up! and adhered to plain thumb tacks- I used my 'handy dandy' glue gun to attach.

This gift is economical and special as it can be customized so easily- perfect for a picky teenager:)

I have another board for Leyla's younger brother that is soccer themed- will share that tomorrow:)

Happy crafting:)

Tiffany

1 comment: